Terms and Conditions
The following apply to all Club and Academy students and parents:
1. The parents or legal guardians of all under 18 year old students are solely responsible for the safety of their children when they are outside a dance venue. Adult students (18 years and over) are responsible for themselves when they are outside a dance venue.
2. Parents of all students under 13 years of age must personally have them “signed in” by the front desk personnel, and pick them up from inside the dance venue. Parents of students over 13 years of age attending rehearsals may make alternative arrangements in writing with the school staff.
3. Any children behaving in an unsafe manner do so at their own risk. It is recommended that students should not be in attendance at dance venues more than 10 minutes prior to the commencement of their classes (except by prior arrangements), and parents should remain with their children while waiting for classes to commence. Marlene’s School of Dance Colac is only responsible whilst students are in the dance venues after being signed in. Students must not be at venues more than 10 minutes after their class (except by prior arrangement). Siblings of students are not the responsibility of MSOD.
4. Families of children causing property damage in or around dance venues will be held liable for the repair/replacement of damage.
5. While in dance venues, all persons must comply with Procedures as set out by the managers of the dance venue. Failure to comply with this requirement could result in suspension, expulsion or exclusion from the MSOD Dance School without refund of fees.
6. Any vehicle attending any dance venue is to be parked in marked parking bays or street side, and follow all parking regulations as signed. MSOD does not monitor parking areas. Please be aware of children moving to/from other cars when near to venues.
7. All amounts invoiced must be finalized by the due date as shown on the tax invoice. Discounts will apply to early payments as explained in the Student Information Book. Non-payment of accounts may result in exclusion from classes and/or debt collection.
8. An absence of three consecutive Academy classes without prior notice may result in suspension or expulsion from the School without refund of fees, and as such an absence may have an impact upon the student’s ability to participate in any major performance as absence affects choreography.
9. Correct class attire, as outlined above, will be compulsory within three weeks of enrolment.
10. All decisions made during the operation of classes and rehearsals will be made by the instructors/school management taking into account the wellbeing of students involved, all other students, instructional staff and the school. If any parent or guardian is concerned about a decision that has been made, an appointment with the Principal (Miss Marlene) may be requested out of dance school hours. During this appointment the decision may be upheld or overturned by Miss Marlene.
11. Cooperation and consideration of others by students and parents is required at all times. Any disruptive or disrespectful attitudes or behaviour will not be tolerated. Any behaviour consistently disregarding this or any other of the above conditions may result in suspension or expulsion from the school without refund of fees.
12. All students, parents and teachers must comply with all Marlene’s School of Dance Colac Codes of Conduct and Policies.
13. Photographs/videos of students may be taken during classes and at special activities and events, including the Mid and End of Year Productions, to recognize and promote student participation in both the dance school and the wider community. Photos/videos at these events may only be taken by authorized school representatives and must be checked by Miss Marlene to ensure they are decent before use/issue/publication. Enrolment in our school implies student and parent consent for such photos to be taken, issued to class groups, and used in school promotional materials, including print and electronic materials and web pages. Photography/videoing inside any dance studio or performance space (e.g. COPACC, Kidz Kingdom etc.) is prohibited unless authorized in writing in advance by MSOD Management. All photographers must agree to equal share copyright of all photographs/videos between the photographer and MSOD.
14. Under Australian Law, all choreography created for and performed in our dance school is automatically covered by Copyright. This includes but is not limited to warm ups, class room works, and performance pieces of all genres, and includes works included in any videos/photographs taken. Unless a person has been given written permission from the dance school to do so including - where required – the written permission from the teacher who originally choreographed the work, no choreographed works may be recorded and commercially used or used in another dance school. Where approval is given appropriate recognition of MSOD/originators copyright ownership shall be included whenever used (i.e.: by the use of watermarks, acknowledgement of MSOD copyright etc.). Further, no teacher or student (past or present) of our school, or other person, may perform any of these works in any other environment without the written permission of the dance school. There are a number of circumstances where the dance school will happily allow students to perform works, so long as that permission has been requested and granted in writing.
15. Student entry into senior level classes (e.g. Leadership etc.) is only by invitation by Miss Marlene/teachers, and is subject to students and family members agreeing to comply with the Leadership Level Code of Conduct.