Apologies for layout - our server builder is not allowing us to format the lines below
Trial of Classes
New students enrolling for the first time at MSOD, and existing students trialing totally new classes, are welcome to trial Academy Performance classes for up to three weeks. The student / parent must complete a Request to Enrol Form (for insurance purposes) and will be required to pay casually ($20 per class) at the front desk before the commencement of each class.
If the student / parent decides to continue in the Academy Performance after the three weeks, the sum of these casual payments will be deducted from the Term by Term or Half Yearly (Semester) invoice (depending on which payment method you prefer).
Fees and Charges
NOTE: MSOD will now be running a two-term (semester) schedule – issuing a timetable for Terms 1 & 2 leading up to the mid year (June) performance – then another timetable for Terms 3 & 4 leading up to the end of year performance (November). Where possible the second semester timetable will be the same as the first semester. We have changed our fee structure to half yearly to align to this. (A term by term payment will still exist – see below).
All fees and charges listed are non-refundable and inclusive of GST.
MSOD Academy (Main, Leadership and/ Specialised Streams)
Class Minutes Term by Term Semester (Half Yearly)5% Discount Saving if pay Semester (Half Yearly)
30 $105.00 $199.50 $10.50
Entry Gym $126.00 $239.40 $12.60
45 $136.50 $259.35 $13.65
60 $168.00 $319.20 $16.80
75 $199.50 $379.05 $19.95
90 $231.00 $438.90 $23.10
The above fees are the fees applicable to a single Academy class – they include components for insurance, tuition, equipment, performance and costumes. They exclude costs for special items – e.g. Video / Photography, VCE / Dance Exam Fees, Trips, etc. Note: Entry Gym does not perform.
Semester Fees will be due by the end of February and end of July. Term Fees will be due by the end of the first week of each term.
Discounts apply to those students who enroll in multiple classes and to third or more siblings – see below.
NOTE: The best way to get an accurate total cost for your proposed enrolment is to complete an ‘MSOD Request to Enrol’ form and forward it to us. We will generate an MSOD Enrolment invoice and send it back to you. If you want a change we will revise the invoice.
Zumba class – the fee for a Zumba 30 minute class is $5.00 payable before the class.
We arrange for professional videoing and / or photography of major performances. These videos and photos are available to participating students/parents at additional cost.
VCE and Ballet Exam Fees
VCE and Dance Exam fees are not included above, but the time for preparing for exams is included in Ballet classes (see extra 15 minutes per week in timetable)
Discounts / Late Payment Fee
Multiple Class Discount
Any student enrolled in more than one class will receive a $10 discount per term off the total fee for each additional class.
Total Fee Cap
If the total fees for a student would be over $450 per term then the fees will be reduced to $450. Additional costume fees ($35 per performance) will apply to any classes greater than 3. The Parent/Guardian of the child needs to gain consent from Miss Marlene for the student to partake in extra classes.
Multiple Family Members Discount
Any family who has three or more family members attending Academy Classes for the full year will receive a discount as follows:
• The eldest two students will pay full price less any multiple class discount / total fee cap that applies.
• Any additional direct family members will have all fees for classes discounted by 10%.
Semester Payment Discount
Any family who opts to pay Semester in Advance will receive a 5% discount on all fees. If semester fee is not paid by semester due date (end February / End July) invoicing will be changed to term by term (discount will be cancelled) and due date revert to term due date.
Please speak to Terry or Ken if you are having difficulties paying your fees, so we can come to an arrangement that hopefully will allow your child/children to continue dancing while you catch up on payments.
Late Payment Penalty Fee
An invoice will be sent out by email from our MYOB accounting system for each families enrolment as soon as possible after receipt of the Request to Enrol form(s), with a minimum of one week to pay. (Note this may go to your Spam mail – it does not come from email@example.com - it is your responsibility to ensure you see it).
Three weeks after due date we will send out a reminder to any families with overdue invoices. A late payment penalty fee of 10% of outstanding balance will be applied to any invoice that is over 4 weeks overdue.
Methods of Payment
Cash or Cheque Payment
Cash or cheque payments can be made to the MSOD staff at the front desk when attending for class. You will be issued with a receipt. Cheques need to be made out to “Jazz It Up School of Dance”.
At Bank of Melbourne, Colac
Cheques or cash can be deposited over the counter at Bank of Melbourne, Colac directly to our bank account. It is essential that you ask the bank to enter details that allow us to identify your payment. The Bank of Melbourne cannot enter your Customer ID, so please use the phone number you have given us as the reference instead.
Payment by Credit Card (not Debit Card) is available from the electronic Invoice that is emailed to you. We do not have facilities to swipe cards.
A payment can be made from your bank account’s online payment system using following:
BSB: 193 879
Account: 483 793 260
Account Name: Jazz It Up School of Dance
Reference: It is essential that your Customer ID (first initial and surname of registered parent) is referenced on all payments so we can process the receipt to your account and avoid any confusion/discrepancies.
Please retain a copy (electronic or hardcopy) of the receipt showing time, date and amount / details of the transaction so you can track it if it does not transfer to our account. Note we do not acknowledge these transfers.
If no suitable payment plan can be agreed upon, then regrettably debt collection will ensue. If this happens, then debt collection fees incurred will be added to your debt.
Terms and Conditions
The following apply to all Club and Academy students and parents:
1. The parents or legal guardians of all under 18 year old students are solely responsible for the safety of their children when they are outside a dance venue. Adult students (18 years and over) are responsible for themselves when they are outside a dance venue.
2. Parents of all students under 13 years of age must personally have them “signed in” by the front desk personnel, and pick them up from inside the dance venue. Parents of students over 13 years of age attending rehearsals may make alternative arrangements in writing with the school staff.
3. Any children behaving in an unsafe manner do so at their own risk. It is recommended that students should not be in attendance at dance venues more than 10 minutes prior to the commencement of their classes (except by prior arrangements), and parents should remain with their children while waiting for classes to commence. Marlene’s School of Dance Colac is only responsible whilst students are in the dance venues after being signed in. Students must not be at venues more than 10 minutes after their class (except by prior arrangement). Siblings of students are not the responsibility of MSOD.
4. Families of children causing property damage in or around dance venues will be held liable for the repair/replacement of damage.
5. While in dance venues, all persons must comply with Procedures as set out by the managers of the dance venue. Failure to comply with this requirement could result in suspension, expulsion or exclusion from the MSOD Dance School without refund of fees.
6. Any vehicle attending any dance venue is to be parked in marked parking bays or street side, and follow all parking regulations as signed. MSOD does not monitor parking areas. Please be aware of children moving to/from other cars when near to venues.
7. All amounts invoiced must be finalized by the due date as shown on the tax invoice. Discounts will apply to early payments as explained in the Student Information Book. Non-payment of accounts may result in exclusion from classes and/or debt collection.
8. An absence of three consecutive Academy classes without prior notice may result in suspension or expulsion from the School without refund of fees, and as such an absence may have an impact upon the student’s ability to participate in any major performance as absence affects choreography.
9. Correct class attire, as outlined above, will be compulsory within three weeks of enrolment.
10. All decisions made during the operation of classes and rehearsals will be made by the instructors/school management taking into account the wellbeing of students involved, all other students, instructional staff and the school. If any parent or guardian is concerned about a decision that has been made, an appointment with the Principal (Miss Marlene) may be requested out of dance school hours. During this appointment the decision may be upheld or overturned by Miss Marlene.
11. Cooperation and consideration of others by students and parents is required at all times. Any disruptive or disrespectful attitudes or behaviour will not be tolerated. Any behaviour consistently disregarding this or any other of the above conditions may result in suspension or expulsion from the school without refund of fees.
12. All students, parents and teachers must comply with all Marlene’s School of Dance Colac Codes of Conduct and Policies.
13. Photographs/videos of students may be taken during classes and at special activities and events, including the Mid and End of Year Productions, to recognize and promote student participation in both the dance school and the wider community. Photos/videos at these events may only be taken by authorized school representatives and must be checked by Miss Marlene to ensure they are decent before use/issue/publication. Enrolment in our school implies student and parent consent for such photos to be taken, issued to class groups, and used in school promotional materials, including print and electronic materials and web pages. Photography/videoing inside any dance studio or performance space (e.g. COPACC, Kidz Kingdom etc.) is prohibited unless authorized in writing in advance by MSOD Management. All photographers must agree to equal share copyright of all photographs/videos between the photographer and MSOD.
14. Under Australian Law, all choreography created for and performed in our dance school is automatically covered by Copyright. This includes but is not limited to warm ups, class room works, and performance pieces of all genres, and includes works included in any videos/photographs taken. Unless a person has been given written permission from the dance school to do so including - where required – the written permission from the teacher who originally choreographed the work, no choreographed works may be recorded and commercially used or used in another dance school. Where approval is given appropriate recognition of MSOD/originators copyright ownership shall be included whenever used (i.e.: by the use of watermarks, acknowledgement of MSOD copyright etc.). Further, no teacher or student (past or present) of our school, or other person, may perform any of these works in any other environment without the written permission of the dance school. There are a number of circumstances where the dance school will happily allow students to perform works, so long as that permission has been requested and granted in writing.
15. Student entry into senior level classes (e.g. Leadership etc.) is only by invitation by Miss Marlene/teachers, and is subject to students and family members agreeing to comply with the Leadership Level Code of Conduct.